You can add images, audio, and videos into your lessons. Use the steps below to learn how to insert media items into your content.
You can insert the following image file types: jpg, jpeg, gif, png, bmp. You cannot insert tif files.
Let's say you want to insert the MSUM Dragon logo into one of the pages in your lesson. Complete the following steps to learn how to insert images into your lessons.
Step 1. Place your cursor at the location in your SoftChalk lesson where you want to insert the image.
Step 2. From the SoftChalk menu bar, click Insert and then Image.
Step 3. From the Insert Image window, click [Select Image].
Step 4. Browse for the image that you want to insert.
Step 5. Click on the image file (in this example, big_color_dragon) and click [Select].
Step 6. Complete the remaining fields on the Insert Image window.
- If necessary, click the [Optimize Image] button to resize the image slightly to better fit your lesson. Note: If the image is too wide, it may not fit completely on the page (especially if you are using a sidebar on the right).
- The Align field allows you to change the alignment of the image (for example, left, center, or right alignment).
- Use the Border field to add a border around the image. Use the drop-down list to select a point size for the border line.
- Use the Alternative text and Long description fields to add a description for accessibility purposes (see highlighted text in the above image).
- Use the Change width and Change height fields to change the size of the image. Note: You can also click and drag to resize the image within the lesson itself.
Step 7. Click [OK] to insert your image into the lesson.